Wednesday, June 24, 2009

P-Town For Some Serenading, la la la la

Hey Folks,

Here are some beauties from our Karaeoke night at the Alibi in Portland. It was our last big shibang before everyone broke off into their separate teams for the remainder of our term.

There were highlights and lowlights of the evening with former far outweighing the latter.

The Blue Trippletts made their first public appearance with LT, Dan and myself stealing the show with dance moves that couldn't be rivaled by perverted Michael J or Usher.

We began the evening with a splendid Thai dinner at a small place with about 12 of us enjoying the food. This 12 turned into about 25 once the night was over. Everyone made their way to Alibi with their dancing shoes and their beautiful voices.

Rover Dan stole the show with some Frank Sinatra.

I have so many great moments in the night that I would love to share with all of you but I have to keep it somewhat PG-rated for the Grandma's and possibly young cousins. So, if you would like to hear a halarious song that was sung by a lady at the Karaeoke shoot me an email at daviswake@gmail.com and I will fill you in. Haha, it was dirty funny!

Kate, from the Gifford-Pinchot team, was the savior and unanomous decision for All-Star of the night by organizing our dinner, drinks before hand, and letting all of us stay at her Aunt's house in a Portland suburb. We did some camping outside and also a little hottubbing for those who were up for it.

Truly, the people I have met during the 1st two weeks of my term have been so interesting and fun that it almost seemed like this could be considered a grown-up summer camp.

As you will find in my next posts that isn't the case because real work has started and trust me, it is no picnic in the park.

Keep in touch, God Bless, and stay tuned for more.

Love you all,
Wake










































No comments:

Post a Comment