Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Post

Hey all you Luke followers. My apologizes for no posts the last couple of months, my camera was broken and this took away from my goal of tying my pictures to my words and deterred me from writing. Or it was just laziness, who knows?

I didn't include some of the most beautiful places I did see such as Old Snowy Peak in Central WA, Mission Creek in San Bernandino NF, and Deep Creek in Southern California. I got to do a little surfing in the Pacific, lived it up in Portland a couple of nights, visited San Fran and Eugene, OR, and climbed the tallest peak in the southern 48 states, Mt. Whitney @ 14,497 feet.

AmeriCorps with the Northwest Service Academy was truly one of the most memorable experiences of my life and has given me an appreciation for the wonderful beauty that our country has to offer. I want to leave you with a quote that has inspired me to pursue a career that involves nature outreach.

"Periodic recourse to wilderness is not to retreat into secret silent sanctums to escape a wicked world; it is to take breath amid effort to forge a better world."

-McKaye

Hope to hear from all of you soon!
Luke Davis
(920) 838-1203 ---- don't be shy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment